Gertrude's Cat Quest GuideDifficulty: Novice
Members only: Yes
- 1 quest point
- A kitten & the ability to buy kittens from Gertrude
- 1525 Cooking XP
- Chocolate Cake and a Bowl of Stew.
Gertrude in her house west of Varrock, south of Juliet's house [map]
- Raw Sardine
- Bucket of Milk (Milk a Dairy Cow while having a bucket in your backpack)
1. Talk to Gertrude in her house west of Varrock, south of the road going to Barbarian Village [map]. She will tell you that she has lost her cat Fluffs. Agree to help her find it, and she will tell you that Shilop and Wilough saw the cat last.
2. Go behind Gertrude's house and pick up a Doogle Leaf and use it on the sardine to get a Seasoned Sardine.
3. Head to Varrock Main Square [map]. There, talk to either Shilop or Wilough. Ask if they have seen the cat. They will tell you that they last saw the cat in their secret hiding place. However, they'll refuse to tell you where their secret place is until you give them 100gp. When you give them the money, they will tell you that their secret hiding place is in the Lumber Yard just east of the Jolly Boar Inn [map].
4. Go to the Lumber Yard and climb over the broken fence on the south of it to enter the yard [map], then go north to a ladder. Climb the ladder, and you will find Gertrude's Cat upstairs. Try to pick it up, but it will scratch you.
5. The cat is thirsty. Use the Bucket of Milk on it, and try to pick it up again. It will scratch you again: The cat is hungry. Give the seasoned sardine to the cat, and try to pick up the cat again. You'll realise that it doesn't want to leave before you find the kitten.
6. Go down the ladder, and search the barrels and crates until you find a kitten. When you find it, head back to the cat, and use the kitten on it. The cat will run off home.
7. Head back to Gertrude, and she will give you the reward.
- If you lose your kitten you can buy another from Gertrude for 100 GP.
- If your kitten grows into a cat you can buy another from Gertrude for 100 GP.
- Cats can be sold in West Ardougne for 100 Death runes.
Special thanks: Zarzarx One
Last update: 05-May-2010 03:08 by Death