Horror From The Deep Quest GuideDifficulty: Experienced
Members only: Yes
- 2 quest points
- 4662.5 Magic XP
- 4662.5 Ranged XP
- 4662.5 Strength XP
- A damaged Prayer book of your choice.
- Access to the Dagannoth cave
Speak to Larrissa in The Lighthouse, north of the Barbarian Outpost. [map]
- Level 35 Agility.
- Level 43 Prayer is recommended, but not needed.
- Level 13 Magic is also an advantage, but not needed. A higher magic level is recommended.
- The ability to defeat two level 100 monsters (the second one being tougher than the first one)
Must have completed the Alfred Grimhand Barcrawl mini-quest.
- 2 Planks
- 60 Steel nails
- A Molten glass
- 1 of each elemental rune (Air, earth, water and fire rune)
- A sword (you won't get it back, so it shouldn't be higher than steel)
- An arrow (not ogre arrow)
- Swamp tar (respawns in the Lumbridge Swamps)
- Hammer and Tinderbox
- A Games necklace to teleport to the Barbarian Outpost.
- Full dragonhide (red/black) or rune armour set.
- Food and prayer potions for fighting two level 100 monsters.
- Runes for all four elemental spells (bolt/blast is recommended).
1. Head to the Lighthouse north of the Barbarian Outpost and talk to Larrissa to start the quest. The fastest way to get there is to use a Games necklace to teleport to the Barbarian outpost or by going west from Rellekka. [map]
2. Follow the path to the east until you reach a broken bridge. Use your first plank with the bridge to repair it, cross the bridge and repeat.
3. Head to the Barbarian outpost. You can either use your Games necklace or simply walk. To get there by walking, go back to Larrissa, head south and jump to get to the outpost. Enter the barbarian outpost agility course and talk to Gunnjorn. He gives you the lighthouse key.
4. Go back to Larrissa, and talk to her. Then enter the lighthouse, and climb to the top of the lighthouse. Use the swamp tar with the lighting mechanism. Then, use the tinderbox on it and finally add the molten glass. The lighthouse is now repaired!
5. Go down to the middle floor and search the bookcase. Take all three books and read them.
6. Go down to Larrissa, and talk to her again. Then, climb down to the cave under the lighthouse, and use the sword, the four runes and an arrow with the strange wall. Then, open the strange wall next to the one you can study.
7. Talk to Jossik. After you've talked to him, a level 100 Daggannoth attacks you. It only hits with melee, and if it hits high on you, you should use protect from melee.
After you've killed it, a Daggannoth mother appears and attacks you. According to its colour, you should use a different attack style:
- Orange - Melee attacks
- Green - Range attacks
- White - Air magic spells
- Blue - Water magic spells
- Brown - Earth magic spells
- Red - Fire magic spells
All the colours are written in the chatbox as they might not be very clear when you look at the Daggannoth mother.
If you have problems fighting the Daggannoth mother, use protect from ranged and hide behind rocks or behind Jossik. When the Daggannoth is orange, you can just wait until it changes colour again.
After you've completed the quest, go up to middle floor and talk to Jossik. He says that he picked up a casket, and asks you what the chest reads. You will get a prayer book according to the god you choose:
- Saradomin - +8 to all defence stats
- Zamorak - +8 to all attack stats
- Guthix - +4 to all defence and attack stats
All books also give you +5 prayer bonus. They are worn in the shield slot.
An empty prayer book with no pages only gives prayer bonus. You need to add the pages corresponding to the books before you get attack/defence bonuses. Pages can be obtained by doing treasure trails or from other players.
Special thanks: pig9090
Last update: 16-Jun-2011 08:25 by Rebel007