Spirit of Summer Quest GuideDifficulty: Intermediate
Members only: Yes
- 1 quest point
- 7,500 Construction XP
- 5,000 Prayer XP
- 2,000 Farming XP
- 1,000 Summoning XP
- Jennica's ring
- Access to Spirit Realm and more one-time exp bonuses
The ruins just north-east of the Wilderness Volcano, and north-west of the Clan Wars minigame. Follow the Spirit girl into the building.
- Ghost speak amulet
- Spirit wolf pouch (Bring extras just in case, 2-5 will do the job)
- Desert wyrm pouch (Bring extras just in case, 2-5 will do the job)
- Spirit scorpion pouch (Bring extras just in case, 2-5 will do the job)
Recommended items: (not required)
- Watering can
- Games necklace
- Food - if you are a low level
- Teleport runes or Tabs - in case of revenant attack (Tablets, teleport runes)
- A Summoning potion - for mess ups and lower levels.
1.. Bring: Watering can (filled), charged games necklace and a few lobsters or better in case Revenant attacks.
Follow the Spirit Girl into a house and you'll feel as if something is pulling at your consciousness. Allow it to drag you away.
2. Talk to the Spirit Man. He doesn't speak but answers in emotes. Watch as he does an emote and 'reply' by doing a corresponding emote (see table below). If you did the right emote, it should say "The spirit somehow seems pleased with your response and one of the rings around the little girl disappears." Talk to him, he will do another emote, 'reply' back with an emote. Keep doing this until all the rings around the little girl are gone. Note that if you get the emote wrong, a ring will reappear around the little girl.
|Angry||Bow, Cheer, Shrug|
|Bow||Angry, No, Shrug, Yes|
|Cheer||Bow, Wave, Yes|
|No||Angry, Cheer, Wave|
|Shrug||Cheer, No, Wave, Yes|
|Wave||Angry, Bow, Shrug|
|Yes||Angry, No, Wave|
After all the rings around the little girl are gone, talk to her. She wants to meet you in the ruins in the western part of the Wilderness. Talk to her again and have ask her bring you back to the real world.
3. Now head to the ruins located north-west of the Bandit Camp. Now, get the items in the map shown below (The Limpwurt seed is in a crate) and talk to the Spirit Girl.
3A. She will bring you to the spirit world. Talk to her again, ask her what place is this and what you should. Ask her to send you back and use your empty bucket with the barrel of water just south along the walls of the building south of the girl.
3B. Talk to the girl again and enter the spirit world. A cutscene will commence and you will noticed that the barrel you just emptied is filled with water here. Talk to her again. Now go back to the real world and pick the mushrooms from the hollow log just west of you.
Head back to the spirit world and a cutscene will commence.
3C. Talk to the girl and ask her what you should do now. Go back to the real world and use your planks with the wardrobe (with 4 steel nails and a hammer in your inventory). Back to the spirit world and another cutscene will commence.
3D. Talk to her again and ask her what you should do now. Get back to the real world and use your rake on the flower patch (marked on your minimap), plant the Limpwurt seed and water it.
Don't worry, it won't be diseased. Water it often to make it grow faster. While you wait, make sure you have at least 15 inventory spaces left then use your Games necklace and teleport to the Wilderness Volcano and drop everything you collected in step 3 except the Watering can. Withdraw your Spirit scorpion pouch (x5), Spirit wolf pouch (x5) and Spirit wyrm pouch (x5) and return to the ruins. Once the Limpwurt plant is fully grown (DO NOT PICK UP THE PLANT UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED THIS QUEST!), go back to the spirit world and a cutscene will commence.
4. Items needed: Spirit scorpion pouch (x5), Spirit wolf pouch (x5), Spirit wyrm pouch (x5), 1 Skull (obtainable), 5 Bones (obtainable).
Talk to the girl again, she'll introduce herself as Summer. She'll take you back to the farm (the quest startpoint). Once there, talk to her again. She'll lead you to a trapdoor. Don't go in just yet! Go through the portal to the real world.
There are Bones scattered around the Farm, collect 5 of them and head outside of the Farm to the east and pick up a Skull. Now head back to the spirit world and go in the trapdoor. Use the Skull and 5 Bones on the altar then talk to Summer.
4A - Disc 1. Go outside the Farm to the north-eastern part and you should see a disc with a spirit wolf picture on it.
Summon your Spirit wolf and position it on the disc. As the Spirit Beast approaches the disc, in about 2 squares (paces) near the disc, quickly dismiss your familiar! A cutscene will commence showing you another disc west of you.
4B - Disc 2. Summon a Desert wyrm and lure the beast to the disc, position it on the disc. As the beast is about 2 squares (paces) near the disc, quickly dismiss your familiar and a cutscene will commence showing you another disc located in the north-western corner of the Farm.
4C - Disc 3. Summon a Spirit scorpion and try to lure the beast to the third disc, once the beast is about 2 squares (paces) near the disc, quickly dismiss your familiar and a cutscene will commence. Talk to one of the spirits to finish the quest.
Jagex states that wearing Jennica's ring will improve drops from killing revenants.
If lost, Jennica's ring can be recovered by searching the pile of rubble next to the portal in the ruins where you started the Quest.
Cursed Magic trees in the Eastern ruins (Spirit Beast’s plane) are usually deserted. (Level 82 Woodcutting is required). Information on the Cursed Magic trees can be found here; Fastest Way to Cut Magic Logs.
One Time Exp Bonuses
Wear Jennica's Ring and operate it while standing in various portals to the other realm to get additional one time exp (You are asked if you want it or not). You must have level 50 in that skill to receive the exp:
- Western Ruins yields 10,000 Farming XP
- Forgotten Cemetery yields 10,000 Prayer XP
- Axe Hut (top of member’s wilderness) yields 7,500 Attack XP
Last update: 04-Dec-2009 23:39 by Aliensvortex