Throne of Miscellania Quest GuideDifficulty: Experienced
Members only: Yes
- 1 quest point
- A kingdom to rule
Speak to King Vargas on Miscellania - take the ship from Rellekka. If you have completed A Fairy Tale Part 2, you can use a fairy ring to get there (code CIP).
One or more of the following skills are recommended:
- 45 Woodcutting
- 35 Herblore
- 35 Fishing
- 30 Mining
- Iron bar
- Flowers (can be purchased from the Flower Girl in the marketplace in Miscellania castle's courtyard for 15gp)
- A Gold ring or any ring with a gem (enchanted or unenchanted)
- Cake (only if your character is a female)
- Any bow (only if your character is a male)
One or more of the following items:
- Rake or 15 gp to buy one during the quest
- Lobster pot or Harpoon
Beginning the quest
Talk to King Vargas to begin the quest. He is located upstairs in the castle on Miscellania (red circle in the map below). To get there, go to Rellekka and take the boat to Miscellania (green circles). If you have completed A Fairy Tale Part 2, you can use a fairy ring to get there (code CIP). He tells you that he has been cursed and that he needs a regent. To prove yourself, you must negotiate peace with Etceteria. You must also marry a member of the royal family: Princess Astrid if your character is a male, or Prince Brand if your character is a female.
- Avoid leaving the island during the quest. If you do so, your approval goes down to 25% and you will have to go through the emotes for the prince/princess.
- If you change your gender at the Makeover Mage while doing the quest, you'll have to start the part where you marry the prince/princess over.
If your character is a male, talk to Princess Astrid, if your character is a female, talk to Prince Brand.
Princess Astrid is in a room just north of Vargas. Talk to her.
Talk to her several times. Always tell her what she'd like to hear. It should be fairly obvious.
- When she talks about Advisor Ghrim, answer "He's been very helpful."
- When you talk about the bow mounted on her bow, say "Archery is a noble art!"
- When she tells you that she'd rather set up trade between the island than be a ruler, answer "That sounds like a good idea."
When there's no more to say, give her flowers. Then use one of the "dance", "jig", "spin", "headbang" "Zombie dance" or "Snowman dance" emotes, and talk to her some more before you offer her the bow. Continue talking to her and use the emotes, and when she begins to call you "dear", use the "blow kiss" emote, and use the ring with her, and she will agree to marry you.
- If you give the wrong answers or offer the items too early, she will let you know, so just continue talking and using the emotes.
Prince Brand is in a room just south of Vargas. Talk to him.
Talk to him several times. Always tell him what he'd like to hear. It should be fairly obvious.
- When he asks why there are not hordes of women vying for him, answer "They don't understand your poetry as I do."
- When he tells you a poem, answer "Be still, my heart."
- When he asks you about the harp, answer "You will be the greatest bard!"
- When he tells you that he'd rather pursue arts than be a ruler, answer "A much nobler pursuit, to be sure."
When there's no more to say, give him flowers. Then, use the "clap" and "dance" emotes to show that you appreciate his poetry and music. Then, give him your cake. Talk to him more, and give him answers that will please him, and use the emotes. When he starts to call you "dear" or "darling", use the blow kiss emote, and then use the ring with him, and he will agree to marry you.
- If you give the wrong answers or offer the items too early, he will let you know, so just continue praising him and using the emotes.
Go to Etceteria, and talk to Queen Sigrid. She says that peace sounds like a good idea, but she'll only agree if King Vargas recognizes Etceteria as a sovereign nation.
Go back to King Vargas, who will say he will recognize her country once she changes the Etceterian national anthem.
Head back to Queen Sigrid, who will recite the anthem. She'll realize that it's a bad anthem, and will ask you to find a bard who can make a new one.
Head back to King Vargas, but speak with Prince Brand, who is in the room just south of King Vargas. He'll compose an awful anthem. Bring it to Advisor Ghrim (in the same room as King Vargas), who will turn it into a good anthem.
Bring the anthem back to Queen Sigrid, who will like the anthem and give you a signed treaty which King Vargas will also have to sign.
Go back to King Vargas, who says that you will need to find a bigger pen so he can sign the treaty.
To get a bigger pen, head to Derrik, who is in a small house on northern Miscellania. Tell him that you have a strange request, and he will give you a giant nib. Use the giant nib with some logs to get a giant pen.
Go back to King Vargas to give him the pen. He will say that the population is not very supportive of having you as their ruler, so you need to gain their support.
Get the support of the population
You need support of 75% of the population to become a regent. To gain the support of the population, you need to help them with their daily tasks. You can choose what types of tasks you want to do depending on your skills:
- Rake the herb and flax patches just outside the castle walls near Gardener Gunnhild. If you don't have a rake, you can buy one from her for 15gp. Requires level 10 Farming. You get 1% support for every 1.285 weeds you rake.
- Chop down maple trees in the middle of Miscellania near Lumberjack Leif. You get 1% support for every 3 maple logs you get.
- Mine coal on the northern side of Miscellania near Miner Magnus. You get 1% support for every 1.285 coal you mine.
- Fish lobsters, tuna or swordfish at the docks near Fisherman Frodi. You get 1% support for every 1.285 fish.
You can talk to the villagers at any time to see your approval rating.
Once you have 75% rating, go back to the castle and speak with King Vargas. You will become regent and complete the quest. Congratulations!
Special thanks: Daedra Sword
Last update: 30-Jun-2009 12:01 by Aliensvortex