Creature of Fenkenstrain Quest GuideDifficulty: Intermediate
Members only: Yes
- 2 quest points
- 1000 Thieving XP
- Ring of charos that you can use to enter the Werewolf Agility Arena.
- Two extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune.
Signpost in the centre of Canifis (map)
- 3 Bronze Wires (can be smithed with Bronze Bars)
- 5 Pieces of Thread (bought from any crafting shop)
- A Needle (bought from any crafting shop)
- A Spade (bought from any Farming shop)
- 50 gp
- Amulet of ghostspeak (If you've lost it, you can get another one from Father Urhney in Lumbridge Swamps)
- 1 Silver bar
- Teleport runes for Falador and Varrock are recommended
1. Read the sign in the centre of Canifis (map), which is advertising a job.
2. Go northeast of the signpost over the bridge, and take the path to the east, until you see Fenkenstrain's Castle (map), and talk to Dr. Fenkenstrain.
3. You will be asked if you're looking for the job. Say yes. Then he'll ask you two questions, here's the responses:
- How would you describe yourself in 1 word? - Braindead
- What is your greatest skill? - Gravedigging
- He'll then say that you need to find 4 dead body parts: arms, legs, torso and head.
4. Go to the garden in the north of the castle, and talk to the Gardener Ghost (while wearing the Amulet of Ghostspeak). Ask him about his head, and he'll say it was chopped off. He will eventually follow you into the woods to show you where it happened.
Leave the castle, head south past the dead trees, then southeast into the Haunted Woods until you find Ed Lestwit's grave marker. When you'll find the grave, dig with your spade until you find a Decapitated Head.
5. Head back to the castle, and go up the staircase to the west. Search the bookcase and select the book about Gravedigging, and you'll get a Marble Amulet. Then, go to the east side of the floor and search the bookcase there to find "Handy Maggot Avoidance Techniques", and you'll get an Obsidian Amulet. Use the two amulets together, and you'll get a Star Amulet.
6. Follow the path south-east of the castle, and you will find a graveyard. Use the amulet on the Memorial to the east, then push it, enter the tomb, and follow it until you find an Experiment (level 51). Kill it to get a cavern key.
7. Continue northwest along the twisty path, until you see a gate. Use the key on the gate, go up the ladder, and you'll be on an island with 3 memorials. Dig in the front of each of them, and you'll find some Legs, Arms and a Torso.
8. Push the Memorial to the south and make your way back through the cavern. Go to Canifis, to the tavern, and ask Roavar for something to eat. Buy the Pickled Brain, and use it with the Decapitated Head. Bring the body parts to Dr. Fenkenstrain. He now needs a needle and 5 threads, so give it to him. (these can actually be bought in the Canifis General Store, so you won't have to go all the way to a crafting store if you don't have them)
9. After he sews the body, he needs lightning to bring the corpse to life. You will need to fix the conductor.
10. Go to the ghost gardener, and (while wearing the Amulet of Ghostspeak) talk to him. Ask him for the Shed Key, and he will give it to you. Go to the room north of the gardener, and search the cupboard for a Garden Brush, then go just outside of the shed door, where there are some cane piles. Pick 3 of them, and use them on the garden brush.
11. Head back into the castle, and go upstairs. Go to the west side of the castle, and use the Extended Brush on the Fireplace, and a Conductor Mould will fall out.
12. If you have the teleport runes, teleport to Falador, and go to the furnace. If you don't have the runes, you'll have to walk. Use the silver bar on the furnace, and make a conductor. Teleport back to Varrock, and walk to Fenkenstrain's Castle again (or walk all the way).
13. Go upstairs in the castle, and on the middle of the floor, there are some big doors. Open them, and climb the ladder. Use the conductor with the broken one. A lighting will appear. Go downstairs, and talk to Dr. Fenkenstrain. He now wants you to kill the monster, and gives you a Tower Key.
14. Go upstairs, then through the gate in the center of the room, up the ladder, and you'll find Fenkenstrain's monster. Talk to him. He'll tell you that Fenkenstrain lied, and in fact, he inhabited the castle before him.
15. Go downstairs and pickpocket Dr. Fenkentrain to complete the quest.
Special thanks: Call Me Larry
Last update: 23-Jul-2010 14:20 by Angel