Back to my Roots Quest GuideDifficulty: Intermediate
Members only: Yes
- 1 quest point
- 24k Farming XP
- 40k Woodcutting XP
- 23k Slayer XP
- 15k Agility XP
- New vine Farming patch
- Jade vine seed
- Two extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune.
Speak to Horacio in the Handelmort Mansion, East Ardougne.
- Level 55 Agility
- Level 53 Farming
- Level 59 Slayer
- Level 72 Woodcutting
- Must be able to defeat a level 167 foe.
- Level 60 Prayer
- A charged Amulet of glory and a Dramen staff if you have finished A Fairy Tale Part II - Cure a Queen. Take Karamja gloves 3 instead if you haven't done the quest.
- Skull sceptre OR a charged Necklace of skills
- 2 teleports to Ardougne
- 30 coins (15 coins with Karamja gloves), OR a teleport to your house if it's in Brimhaven
- Food and armour
- Antipoisons OR a Prayer book with a Holy symbol
1. Talk to Horacio, who's in the Handelmort Mansion garden (just above the estate agent) in Ardougne. Choose the following options:
- So... who are you?
- Do you need any help?
- Sure, I enjoy a bit of gardening.
2. Talk to Wizard Cromperty, located north-east of the market square. Choose "Talk about Back to my Roots," then go through the dialogue.
3. Talk to one of the RPDT employees directly south of the southern bank. Open the parcel on the table after you talk to him.
4. Go back to Wizard Cromperty taking out Soft clay from the bank on the way. Choose "Talk about Back to my Roots" again.
5. If you have a skull sceptre or a charged necklace of skills, teleport to either Barbarian village or the Crafting guild. If you haven't brought any of these items, go to the nearest potter's wheel.
6. Use the soft clay on one of the potter's wheels, then use the unfired pot lid in a pottery oven.
7. Teleport or walk to Ardougne and go back to Wizard Cromperty. Same as the last time, choose "Talk about Back to my Roots."
8. Pay 30 coins (15 with Karamja gloves) to Captain Barnaby on the docks located south-east of the market square to go to Brimhaven. Alternatively, you can teleport to your house if it's in Brimhaven already.
9. Talk to Garth near the fruit tree patch in Brimhaven. Choose "Talk about the Back to my Roots quest."
10. Items to be taken out of the bank:
- Plant pot, pot, machete, hatchet, spade, secateurs
- Equip armour with the machete and stock up on food if you have them. A means of healing poison will come in handy here.
- For those who haven't brought Karamja gloves 3 or a Dramen staff: Bank for items at a bank. Get back to Karamja and walk to the maze.
- For those with Karamja gloves 3: Teleport to Shilo Village, then bank for items (see above). Get out of the village, then walk clockwise along the village walls to get to the maze.
- For those who have a Dramen staff: Teleport to Edgeville using an amulet of glory and bank for items (see above). Use the fairy ring nearby to teleport to CKR. Walk straight east to get to the maze.
11. The below is a step-by-step guide to the maze:
- Climb up the vine to enter.
- Climb up the vine to the east.
- Walk 2 squares east, 2 squares south, 2 squares east then climb down the vine to the south.
- Walk 1 square south, 2 squares east and climb down the vine directly north.
- Climb up the vine to the south west.
- Climb up the vine to the south.
- There's a vine hanging down east of where you stand. 'Swing-on' it.
- Climb down the vine to the north.
- Walk 1 square north, 3 squares west then climb down the vine directly to the south.
- 'Crawl-through' the vines to the south.
- 'Squeeze-through' the vines to the south.
- Climb up the vine to the south.
- Climb up the vine in front of you.
- 'Cross' the vine eastwards, then climb down the vine directly to the east.
- Walk 4 squares north, 3 squares east and climb down the vine to the south.
- Chop the vines to the south and 'Crawl-through' them.
- Climb up the vine to the south-east.
- Walk 1 square east, 2 squares south then climb up the vine directly to the west.
- Climb down the vine directly in front of you.
- Climb up the vine to the north-west.
- 'Cross' the vine westwards, walk 5 squares west, 2 squares south and climb down the vine to the east.
- Walk 1 square east, 2 squares south and climb down the vine to the west.
- Walk west.
12. Dig one of the loose soil and cut the roots. Use the root cutting on the plant pot. Keep doing this until it survives; it usually takes around 5 tries. Once it survives, dump the plant pot with the cutting in it to a Pot, and it will be automatically sealed with the lid.
13. Teleport to Ardougne and restock on food and prayer potions. Withdraw secateurs, gardening trowel. You will be using your hatchet for this fight since the monster can't be attacked with any other weapons.
14. Talk to Horacio. When you're ready for combat, use the sealed pot on the eastern Jade vine patch. It will trigger a cutscene, followed shortly after by a fight.
The vine will use ranged and melee attacks, and both of them will (7) poison you. Pray and chop, then deal the finishing blow with your secateurs.
15. Talk to Horacio for the last time, you will now complete the quest.
Special thanks: Jacksai
Last update: 06-Jan-2011 19:41 by Nightmare